Senior Business Analyst
Job ID: HRIN158
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will be an essential member of a cutting-edge, agile team focused specifically on creating incredibly high quality software for our customers. Alongside our Business Analysis team, you will participate in the design, implementation, and testing of our innovative cloud software solution. You will be gathering and analysing requirements, formulating and testing hypothesis, and developing and communicating recommendations.
We are looking for an Analyst who will be comfortable working closely with business teams, while also dealing with complex, numerical, and work-flow analysis. In addition, you will have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
How you can make a difference.
- Take ownership of the delivery of features/capabilities through the software development process
- Participate in customer meetings with managers to achieve understanding of customer ideas and issues
- Research and refine functional requirements, communicating directly with customers in collaboration with managers
- Lead the creation of designs with other stakeholders and team members
- Create and collaborate on detailed functional designs, using Agile methodologies and tools
- Thorough requirements backlog development reflecting upcoming priorities
- Story writing, including acceptance criteria and conditions of satisfaction
- Understand and triage customer issues, defects, enhancement requests and backlog items conducting any necessary technical research or team collaboration and prioritising appropriately
- Create materials (presentations, demos, design artefacts) to help train additional teams on new functionality
- Liaise with business stakeholders, internal and external, to conduct effective discussions on project requirements, data specifications, priority and timeline, to ensure timely and accurate deliveries
- Assist teams to ensure requirements are translated to test plans and implement new functionalities by running training sessions, demos and documentation development
- Develop and sustain Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Develop change requests per established policies and procedures
- Be the liaison between the business users, technology teams and support team
What all you need:
- 5+ years of professional experience and 2-3 years of experience in research and/or analytics, ideally in healthcare, business, or financial analytics function preferably for software product development
- Enjoy improving the business by using data analytics as a tool to prove your suggestions are the right ones
- Knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle, with an emphasis on requirements elicitation, preferably in an agile software development environment
- Strong analytical skills to understand business requirements and deconstruct into more granular level requirements
- Proven ability to lead diverse groups of resources to solution agreement by leveraging influence to drive consensus
- Effective communication skills, listening, written and verbal; ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Must be able to develop cooperation and foster teamwork at all levels while maintaining integrity of their point of view
- Experience in leadership over a BA team providing oversight and mentorship
- Significant experience with SQL, or at least experience in a major software engineering language (C#, Python) and a willingness to learn SQL.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. Must be able to think strategically and present concise information to senior management