Urban Farm Lead - HRIN147 - Open
ONE BCG - ONE Business Consulting Group is looking for a passionate and hands-on Farm Lead to design and expand Punjab’s first commercial aquaponics farm. In this role, you will manage the farm from its initial construction to a fully functional commercial operation after receiving training on aquaponics systems and management. As the leader of a small team, you will be in charge of farm yield and efficiency. ONE BCG emphasises the importance of personal and professional growth, this opportunity will not only allow you to analyze, research, and improve the aquaponics methodology, but also eventually oversee a comprehensive permaculture farm. This position will require diligent data recording, daily farm visits, and under-pressure problem solving skills. We are extremely excited to welcome someone who is passionate about pure food and eager to tackle the challenges of working within nature’s framework to feed a community.
- Oversee the initial construction and startup of the farm using outside vendors
- Source appropriate equipment, produce, and materials for all production and maintenance needs
- Regularly review aquaponics farm business plan and revise as needed
- Manage production quality, safety, output yield, workflow, processing, packaging, storage, etc.
- Oversee farm repairs and maintenance of equipment as required
- Review, analyze, and drive improvements in growing operations; specifically analyze seeding, transplant, grow-out, and harvest operations. Develop or maintain processes in these areas
- Set cross-farm grow team goals around yields, loss rates, cycle times, and other growing metrics - meet or exceed company targets
- Lead the creation and implementation of growing-oriented training courses
- Identify potential new markets, revenue-generating opportunities, and create business development strategies.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in horticulture, agronomy, agriculture, or related field
- Experience with multiple types of hydroponic, aquaponics, and/or aeroponic systems, including NFT, DWC, and/or vertical towers
- Experience with fertigation and climate control technology typically used in CEA
- Possesses attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills
At ONE BCG, we accept and celebrate difference, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our customers. ONE BCG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: ONE BCG does not accept agency resumes. ONE BCG is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Work, live, and play in India’s best-planned city: Chandigarh, “The City Beautiful”.
- Ranked among the cleanest cities in India
- Affordable living with high quality of life
- Top education and health care
- Lush, beautiful parks and gardens
- Countless delicious eateries
- Peaceful, unclogged neighborhoods and streets
- Perfectly located near uphills for cool weekend trips
5th Floor, Plot No ITC 2
IT Park, Sector 67
Mohali PB 160062
Ph: +91 172 424 8888
PO Box 1531
Dee Why NSW 2099
Ph: +61 2 9114 6001
FSVC - Botswana Innovation Hub
Paledi House, First Floor
Plot 50664 Fairgrounds
Ph: +267 399 6000
5th Floor Golden House
30 Great Pulteney Street
London W1F 9NN
Ph: +44 (0) 2070 99 88 50
7650 S McClintock Dr
Tempe AZ 85284
United States of America
Ph: +1 866 420 9555
Updated: 07 August 2018