Job ID: HRIN244
ONE BCG is a fast-paced, rapidly growing IT organisation currently looking to find a Microsoft SQL Server DBA who can evaluate performance across Databases, make improvement recommendations and implement changes in conjunction with the team. Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security. You will also be responsible for Plan, Design and Scheduled Database Maintenance & Administrative Tasks and manage Azure and AWS database infrastructure.
How can you make a difference.
- Analyze, design and optimize all databases through a proper process, and constantly review production performance and come up with recommendations
- Provides more in-depth analysis with a high-level view of goals and end deliverables
- Manage databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems
- Experience with back-ups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure the development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Write new scripts and refine existing once.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
What all you need.
- Has 5+ years of experience in database development and support in MS SQL Server environments.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze information identify and formulate solutions to problems.
- Experience administering Microsoft Windows Server versions 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014/ 2016
- Experience building Microsoft Windows Clusters using Microsoft Windows Server versions 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server databases, capacity planning, performance tuning, high availability in complex environments and mission-critical applications.
- Expertise of optimization of procedures and functions of high volume data Instance
- Experience building/deploying SQL Jobs, including database maintenance packages
- In-depth experience with installation, configuration, upgrade, patching, migrating the above Microsoft SQL Server products to higher versions or/and different hardware or/and different OS, including SQL Server in a clustered environment.
- Expert in disaster recovery
- Expert Microsoft SQL Server DBA hands on skills in supporting a production database in all operations, such as troubleshooting daily operational issues
- Expert in being able to troubleshoot various issues within Microsoft Windows Server or/and Microsoft SQL Server
- Extensive knowledge with complex SQL and T-SQL programming and optimization.
- Good writing skills to provide documentation for DBA and other teams
- Tracking, monitoring, and reporting database jobs and processes using various software products